+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 100056 SchagenWagen is an unknown quantity at this point SchagenWagen's Avatar

Yes | No

Considering 2004 645 6spd, how serious

those computer problems are on 2004? it is just iDrive related or affect the whole electronics? what should I check in this respect during pre purchase inspection. Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Considering 2004 645 6spd, how serious

I would not be afraid of electronics, just what features you have or do not have. Check build date. The later in MY04 the better, but critical date is on or after 04/04. If the previous owner stayed on top of things and got all the goodies retrofitted it will be up to par with any e63/64 up to a point. If you have working Bluetooth, and MP3 in the in-dash CD/DVD you are in pretty good shape. Also if an Aux input was added or even a iPod integration mod. See if you can get the at least the date of the last software upgrade, if any were done (I cannot imagine not having any). Getting the CIP version would be even better. If you are not familiar with BMWs current NAV system it will be hard to describe the differences between updated and not updated. If you could compare to a current 6er teh easiest way is to see if the basic iDrive colors are the same and that you have a line up of various icons on the left side of a navigation map. Check the service history as a problamatic vehicle will have multiple trips for the same issue over a short period of time of even repeats over longer periods of time. If this is true I would shy away from it. Also see if a BMW dealer can run the VIN to get the options list. Not many options (if a US Spec car and not euro)

As you find out things fire off additional questions if you need to.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.bimmerdrivers.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 100056 SchagenWagen is an unknown quantity at this point SchagenWagen's Avatar

Yes | No

thanks. it is early 04, probably prior 04/04

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: thanks. it is early 04, probably prior 04/04

If you do not want or need those new fangled latest toys - bluetooth, MP3 on CD, or iPOd interface - then by all means go for the good price on an excellent driving and beautiful GT automobile. Probably have less issues anyway than most.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.bimmerdrivers.com

Registered Member

Yes | No

picking up today 05/05 built date. thanks for info

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: picking up today 05/05 built date. thanks for info

Post info and Pics when you can. Hope you enjoy.

_______

www.bimmerdrivers.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 130705 mmalosh is an unknown quantity at this point mmalosh's Avatar

Yes | No

Winter Tire Packages

2004 645Cic looking for a winter tire package that I can put on my car. It came with 19" wheels but think the 18" wheels might give me more tire options.

What advise to people have that own winter tires. I'm in Chicago and just want to find out if it is worth it. I'm from Michigan and very comfortable driving in the snow. Just want to make sure I'm not wasting my money and going to end up buying a winter car anyways.

Thanks,
    Mark

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information