+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 51648 TamsDaMan is an unknown quantity at this point TamsDaMan's Avatar

Yes | No

So I went to FORD to get my car inspected...

Not my first choice, but they didnt have a 4 hour wait... anyway as I roll into the lot 4 salesmen swarm my car before I even get out of it to ask if I was here for the super sale. Of course I say no and just need an inspection. After that, the service tech that checked me in asked me what year my car was for the form and was like... 04? And I was puzzled and was like... 86. At that point I wasnt real impressed but I wanted to get the inspection over with. Well, I asked that they use a post life to prevent crushing my sideskirts... they call me over like an hour later to say that the postlift isnt working, so in summary, that FORD dealer sucked cause I still need to get my car inspected, and they were dumb.

Registered Member
    Member No: 139980 KevinD is an unknown quantity at this point KevinD's Avatar

Yes | No

Why?....

You are damn lucky they didn't put their hands on it. Find a reputable independent in your area...or in the next city...or the next county...or the next state, but never at an American car dealership.1985 528e (10/84)
    1986 L7 (04/86)
    Newport Beach, CA

Registered Member
    Member No: 111992 rodpaine is an unknown quantity at this point rodpaine's Avatar

Yes | No

Do you go to a hardware store for dental work?

KevinD is absolutely correct! Stay away from American auto dealers for any kind of service on your BMW! I have seen more E28s damaged by such dealers then I really care to admit, especially incorrect lifting practices, some creating serious damage to the floor pan and or rocker panels... which you may not be aware of until it's too late. Stay away from them!
    FWIW,
    -Rod

Registered Member
    Member No: 35180 RonW is an unknown quantity at this point RonW's Avatar

Yes | No

Of course. Don't you?

Registered Member
    Member No: 51648 TamsDaMan is an unknown quantity at this point TamsDaMan's Avatar

Yes | No

Update... I went to BMW to get my car inspected...

The BMW dealership wasn't able to figure out how to put my car on the lift, so they couldn't do an inspection either. I ended up taking it to a garage that also sold cigarettes and rented Penske trucks and was in and out in 30 minutes.

Ray7er6ers5er3er

Yes | No

What inspection are you having done?

Tom C in Richmond

Yes | No

VA State Inspection

basically lights, horn, no cracked windshield, has tires, brakes, and setabelts... it's a joke.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Safety.shtm#InspectionProgram

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information