+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 79401 joelgeist is an unknown quantity at this point joelgeist's Avatar

Yes | No

damn climate control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OK. So now my climate control computer is acting up on me. I had to endure the heat on full blast last night while on my way home in 80 degree weather. NOT pleasant LOL.

So here's the problem: it turns on and off randomly. Sometimes the display will be very faint. The lights (A/C, defrost, feet, head, etc.) will be lit, but nothing happens. At other times it will just turn on and off, but will not respond at all when I go to turn it on/off/up/down, but when it is actually on it works fine (which is very rare at this point).

Questions: What the hell is going on? Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need a new climate computer? Do I need to just pull it out and check the connection?

HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP! It's fooking hot out and I need A/C!

Registered Member
    Member No: 49533 95DayVI is an unknown quantity at this point 95DayVI's Avatar

Yes | No

prolly need to replace the cap search interwebs

_______
    Silicone intake boot
    Silicone rad hoses
    EMP Waterpump
    PWR Radiator
    Eyeball Arm CA mounts
    Sunbelt CAMS w chip for 24# injectors, Euro MAF, Conforti/ITG CAI
    96+ exhaust manifolds
    accessory UDPs
    M roadster lever
    Euro fLoAtErS
    GC RTAB shims, RSMs, T/S Coilover with Koni DA f/SA R & 450#f/550#r Eibach ERS
    All done in my garage

corkscrew:Laguna Seca

Registered Member
    Member No: 97307 shipdriver is an unknown quantity at this point shipdriver's Avatar

Yes | No

Classic failure...link below.

Registered Member
    Member No: 79401 joelgeist is an unknown quantity at this point joelgeist's Avatar

Yes | No

thanks!

Registered Member
    Member No: 25723 jsubbi is an unknown quantity at this point jsubbi's Avatar

Yes | No

DIY article

I just had the same problem a few months ago and found this DIY http://www.macadamizer.com/bmwfix.html.

I think the part was $1 at radio shack. If you own a soldering iron, this is a simple and quick fix. Works like new!

Registered Member
    Member No: 167365 Zottyzot is an unknown quantity at this point Zottyzot's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: DIY article

Great link!* I just got my '99 M3 last Monday WITH malfunctioning climate control.* Went to Radio Shack on Sunday and fixed the CC!!* Exellent, detailed walkthrough of the procedure.* I used a 1.0mF capacitor...the only problem is I cant read the clock on the MFD now.* It was fine before I did the fix, it seems the backlight isnt working now...I guess I'll start wearing a watch.

Registered Member
    Member No: 25723 jsubbi is an unknown quantity at this point jsubbi's Avatar

Yes | No

1.0mF is fine

There seemed to be some uncertainty in the article about whether the cap is a 47uF or .47 uF. I was able to measure my original cap with a multimeter that measures capacitance, and it is a .47uf.

Registered Member
    Member No: 167365 Zottyzot is an unknown quantity at this point Zottyzot's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 1.0mF is fine

Yeah, it still seems fine, the backlight turned out to be a bad bulb...All fixed up!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information