+ Reply to Thread
    Kevin Cimarusti

Yes | No

RE:RIPPED OFF

Look out 8'er brothers and sisters, there are some bad individuals out to give you a bad day by answering your ads here on Roadfly, then taking your money without every intending to do any business. Anybody who has come across an individual going by the name of Steve Rushlaw in Rochester, New York may be able to tell you the same thing. If you have had any dealings, feel free to contact me and share your misery.

Registered Member
    Member No: 128435 Robert1 is an unknown quantity at this point Robert1's Avatar

Yes | No

Please tell us your tale of woe.

Did you send money to an "escrow" service? Or perhaps the buyer sent you money order or check for more than the car/shipping was and asked you to forward him back the difference? Let us know the details so that none of us shall fall victim. The more we know about scams like this, the better.

Registered Member
    Member No: 56726 lezonebay is an unknown quantity at this point lezonebay's Avatar

Yes | No

I had a deal with him and he came through

I almost burned myself but he came through. He bought something from me and wanted it fast. So I shipped before I got the payment. He was supposed to send me the money the next morning but he didn't do it. He waited till he got the part and then mailed the check, but it came through so I don't have any open issues with him.

He did order more stuff from the online website, but never sent payment so I never shipped anything and this is where I closed it.

I think you need to push the issue with him, he might just be a player but not a taker.

I agree with Robert, details of the deal so we can see exactly whats going on.

David W (Alpinweiss 850CSi)
    Member No: David W (Alpinweiss 850CSi)'s Avatar

Yes | No

Re: RE:RIPPED OFF

MMMmmm, I live in Rochester, NY. Can't find him online - do you have an address for him? Can I help? Nothing worse than being burned by someone you can't go shake up...

Registered Member
    Member No: 50296 ladislav is an unknown quantity at this point ladislav's Avatar

Yes | No

not looking in the right place

Found immediately via
    411locate.com

Besides, Laszlo has his bank and address info, too.

Kevin Cimarusti

Yes | No

Re: Please tell us your tale of woe.

My Story: I am a new proud owner of a 1991 Calypso red 850i ( adding to my 88 735i stick, 89 325ix, 92 525i,and 95 325ic) and have several projects trying to bring it back to it's glory. Steve Rushlaw contacted me about the center console and had a photo. After I responded back I asked what other parts he might have available. We agreed on the console and a lower spoiler for $40 each, plus another $50 for shipping. Steve asked for a cashier's check because he had been burned in the past with private checks. I sent him the check,l and a couple of days later he acknowledged receipt and said he would ship the next day and send me tracking info. One week later I had received nothing, and e-mailed Steve asking for info. Steve responded right away and said he would send me tracking info as soon as he got home that night. Several days passed and again I received nothing....no items...no tracking info. I again e-mailed Steve keeping polite since I still believed he had good intent, and have never received any response from the several e-mails I have sent.I can oly guess that he either intended to rip me off, or is dead or in jail. I have his mailing address (20 Parma St, Rochester, NY), but any other info would be appreciated. Thanks and good luck Kevin

Registered Member
    Member No: 128435 Robert1 is an unknown quantity at this point Robert1's Avatar

Yes | No

Hardly sounds like he was intending to rip you off

The dollar amount is just way to small to consider it to be an intended scam. Old Steve might doing a few days in jail for open container and urinating in public. DA may be considering throwing in an indecent exposure charge if he doesn't plead guilty.

The lesson for you is to never send someone a cashier's check (or personal check) unless you know the person or they have an established business, etc. I suggest you go online and download (or request by mail) the small claims complaint (lawsuit forms). Fill them out completely and mail him a copy with a final warning that they will be filed if he does not refund your money or send the parts within 10 days. Let him know that he will have to pay for the court fees, the cost of the Sheriff to serve him, and that you will also contact the police/attorney general's office. This will get him moving if he actually receives your notices.

Registered Member
    Member No: 141446 TX_Greg is an unknown quantity at this point TX_Greg's Avatar

Yes | No

And all this is...

over $90.? I just spent more than that was worth reading thru this post! I somewhat agree with Robert (and that's dangerous in itself!) that you might give him a little more time to respond (given the $ amount), but I also think you're screwed for trying to nickel and dime over such minor parts in respect to owning an 8!

Tugwood

Yes | No

Re: Please tell us your tale of woe.

Rushlaw sold me an OBC for my 850i late in July and said he would send a tracking #. Shortly after he got my money order that was the last I heard from him and no reply to any of my mail. I think something has happened to him. I just have a feeling he is not that bad but sure would like my money back or my OBC.
    Have a look at 20 Parma St Rochester on google earth at street level. You can see his 850i parked out front!

Tugwood

Yes | No

Re: And all this is...

A rip off is a rip off and nobody need feel petty for reporting it regardless of dollar value

Registered Member
    Member No: 141446 TX_Greg is an unknown quantity at this point TX_Greg's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: And all this is...

Good point. I apologize for being caddy.

Skytamercim

Yes | No

Re: RE:RIPPED OFF

David,
    If you read on down some of the posts you will see that I am not alone in being ripped off by this individual. One of the posters has GoogleEarth the address and the shop shows an 850i out front of the house. Feel free to make a visit, and if you make any contact...maybe some of us can make a nice criminal case out of this. Anybody who targets 8'er drivers should get the attention they deserve. Thanks again for the post, and to anybody else who can relate any experience with Mr Steve Rushlaw, I welcome the info. Steve Rushlaw, 20 Parma St, Rochester, NY 14615

Registered Member
    Member No: 134855 8eights is an unknown quantity at this point 8eights's Avatar

TX Greg

Yes | No

Re: Hummmmmmm?

Pretty cheap for that part if nobody bids more than $10.!!

Tugwood

Yes | No

Re: Hummmmmmm?

this is the guy rushlaw alright. if you look he has other parts for sale too... the same parts he was trying to sell in used parts here on roadfly a little while ago. I used 'ask seller a question' to inquire just when he intended to ship my OBC. Of course he gives no reply. I hope nobody gets shafted like some of us have.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information