+ Reply to Thread
    Maxp

Yes | No

Help needed with a Color code

The color of the leather on our steering wheel is antelope and needs to be redyed, but I have been unsuccessful in finding that color code. Does anyone know what the code is or where that information can be found?

Thanks.

Registered Member
    Member No: 162417 HarleyD is an unknown quantity at this point HarleyD's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Help needed with a Color code

Hi Maxp,

I think the trim code for Antelope is "AGE". A telephone call to your dealership's Parts Department will be able to verify this.

Note, however, in this post by alwann that aftermarket dye codes do not always match up well to Jaguar's leather trim codes.

Harley D. - '03 XK8
    Southern California

Maxp

Yes | No

Thanks, Harley.

I will check with the parts people on Monday.

Registered Member
    Member No: 167286 royalebluexk8 is an unknown quantity at this point royalebluexk8's Avatar

Yes | No

Hi-
    Your interior color code is listed on the drivers door jam with build date and location.For instance my is "NDR" a cream/light beige interior.Hope this helps-'97 XK8 Coupe

Registered Member

Yes | No

Maxp,

Since we spoke Richard has given us a trim code reference taken from the Jaguar Electronic Parts Catalogue (JEPC) in this post. Antelope is, indeed, listed as AGE.

You may want to e-mail alwann to discuss the outcome of his trying to match this same color for his steering wheel; I thought maybe he'd give us an update in this thread. Perhaps various dye suppliers interpret Jaguar codes differently. After following the link to his message in my reply below, click on his underlined name in blue letters next to "Author."

Harley D. - '03 XK8
    Southern California

Registered Member

Yes | No

Paint & Trim Codes on Door Post Label

Hi RoyaleBlueXK8,

The code to which you refer, located on the left-hand door post label, gives the primary trim code only. Reference to your Direct Dealer Warranty (DDW) printout will give more detail as to complimentary colors but not the codes; in a similar fashion Appendix F, "Trim colour schemes," in Nigel Thorley's book "You & Your Jaguar XK8" gives color names only. Until Richard's excellent post, a call to the dealership or reference to JEPC was still necessary to get the complimentary trim code. Some codes have been provided in this and other Forums in the past, but nothing as comprehensive as what he's provided has been readily available for our XK Series.

For example, my door label has a paint code of SEC and a trim code of SDZ, but what about the carpet or facia? Shown below is a section of my DDW:

Thankfully Richard has given us the JEPC cross reference; looking there I see that my "Sable Carpet" corresponds to AEK and my "Sable/Cashmere Facia" is AET. While the steering wheel leather color isn't shown on my DDW I assume it is also Sable to match the carpet, facia and seat belts.

Harley D. - '03 XK8
    Southern California

Maxp

Yes | No

Paint & Trim Codes

I would also like to say thanks, Richard, for your post as it should make it considerably easier tracking down various things in the future.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information