+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

'06 650 key fob question/problem

It has been a while since I have posted largely because my 650i Sport convertible has been bulletproof in its 17k miles. Recently, however, my primary key fob failed to work. The car did did not recognize it. I have had the two year service done and they kept it overnight to complete a software upgrade. The key fob worked fine for a couple of weeks thereafter, so I do not think that the upgrade is the problem. I am scheduled to take it in tomorrow for analysis, but wondered if anyone had experienced the same problem. Apparently the fob has a lifetime battery, so it is not a simple battery replacement problem. Also, my second fob is not as easily recognized as the other was, which is annoying, but not terrible. It is a nuisance to replace the fob because I need to get into the manual and/or reprogram various settings associated with the original, now secondary fob.
    I would appreciate any insight on the matter before I take the car in for analysis tomorrow. I did buy a third fob in the first year when I had temporarily misplaced my original fob, but have not tried it due to the reprogramming need.

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: '06 650 key fob question/problem

Dealer said key fob was faulty and will replace in two days. It apparently was not a problem with the car's system. Fob just stopped working, which is disconcerting, as there was no warning. FWIW, Chambers BMW has given me outstanding service since I got the car new from them in June 2006. I would definitely buy another BMW from them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information