+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Handheld CB

Hybrid View

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 132999 cape is an unknown quantity at this point cape's Avatar

Yes | No

Handheld CB

I want to tak a handheld cb with me onlong trips. I dont want to thread the external antenna cord through a window (noise). DO I have other options? Can I go through the back seats into the trunk and out the back? Is there any risk of breaking the trunk seal? Thanks for the help

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Handheld CB

Well you do know that the trunk is a composite material and not metal, right?

You already have proably two antennas stuck up under the trunk lid. Try double sided tape and put our CB antenna there (if it fits). I am not sure what your antenna looks like so cannot be sure this is practical application, but no technical reason it should not work. If it is a long whip then forgeddaboutit.

Let us know.

As for tucking out thru the trunk opening, it might work with flat line but if round coax it may be an issue as it may be pretty tight. If it does work I would cable location frequently so as not to do permanent harm to gasket/seal. And of course a magnetic base will not stick to trunk.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.bimmerdrivers.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information