+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 98482 bmwtech2003 is an unknown quantity at this point bmwtech2003's Avatar

Yes | No

What's the going price on a nice e12?

Straight body. Modified engine. 80 model. A/c works. Owner wants to sell but not sure how much it is worth. Will post pictures on classifieds once he figures out how much he wants for it.

FloydR

Yes | No

$1500 to $4000

Would have to be very special to go higher.
    Condition of body, especially rust, is main factor.
    Occaisional ones show up on cars.com (look for 1982 and earlier link) and autotrader.com (again, look for "classic" link.)

FloydR

Yes | No

$1000 for non-preserved example

Registered Member
    Member No: 98482 bmwtech2003 is an unknown quantity at this point bmwtech2003's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: $1000 for non-preserved example

Thanks. This one has an engine build that makes it pretty fast compared to normal e-12's. Had a nice paint jod a few years ago and I need to really inspect the body for rust in the hidden places. car drives strong, looks ggod, interior is in nice condition. I know it is hard to convey but this is a very nice car. The only drawback is the cracking dash board. I will post pictures soon. It got positive feedback from some of the 5er fest guys that saw it.

FloydR

Yes | No

Re: $1000 for non-preserved example

IIRC, there was a 5spd '81 530i for sale here in Seattle several months ago for $2500-$3000. I actually drove by it - seemed straight and no visible rust.

If there is *ANY* rust at all in the rocker panels, around the rear wheel wells, or in the trunk area, you need to be very very careful.
    Also, an '80 would have had a catalytic converter - if an emissions inspection is required upon a sale and it doesn't have one...
    Be sure to do a cooling system pressure test to ensure no cracked head/bad head gasket.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information