+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 167969 Vladislavs is an unknown quantity at this point Vladislavs's Avatar

Yes | No

Need your advice.

Hi guys, I just bought MINI 2004 (56,000 km), this is my first MINI and I'am glad to be a newcomer on the Forum!
    I would appreciate if anyone can tell me what are potential weaknesses of this car. My dealership asked me if I want to take an extended warranty for 4 years. They have 3 options from $3,500 up to $5,000. Options are:
    1) covers engine, transmission and front wheel drive;
    2) first option + cooling and fuel, steering, front suspension, brakes, electrical, heater and airconditioner;
    3)second option + power accessories, roadside assisstance.
    What option do I really nead, if any......
    Thank you in advance,
    Vlad

DaCrema

Yes | No

The engine/drive train is bulit proof as long as you take care of the car and are careful of the mods.
    the weakist point is the electric power steering. I would ask which option covers that system.

Registered Member
    Member No: 167969 Vladislavs is an unknown quantity at this point Vladislavs's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Need your advice.

Thank you for advice, its cover 2-nd plan $3,667.00.I took this plan for 48 months. This car is awesome,I love design!

Registered Member
    Member No: 181116 sincoski is an unknown quantity at this point sincoski's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Need your advice.

I bought a new 2006 that just hit 50,000 miles. My list of failures would run five pages long. give me your fax number and I'll send your dealers statements. I still need to replace my thermostate and water pump but they have to remove the super charger. this will cost me over $1500. brace yourself credit card pains! (regardless I do love this car)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information