+ Reply to Thread
    Rick

Yes | No

1988 M6 Value?

1988 M6 Red with Grey 143k, new upper end rebuild, new clutch. Great condition. What does the group say this car would be worth? Thanks.

BING

Yes | No

Re: About $ 10-12k

pd

Yes | No

Re: About $ 10-12k

<i>I would agree 12000 +/- is a good price. If you look at this site & others they must have gold buried in them! everyone wants 17-25 G's! I.ve been looking for a Black one for weeks now and although I found a few the prices are so high! I'll keep hunting & let you know when I strike Gold. BLACK GOLD THAT IS!<br> <p></i><br>

Keith

Yes | No

Re: 1988 M6 Value?

<i><br>1988 M6 Red with Grey 143k, new upper end rebuild, new clutch. Great condition. What does the group say this car would be worth? Thanks.<p></i>Sorry I disagree with other posts price $ 6,500 to $8,200 max and at $8,200 it has to be great. Thoses other prices are low mileage cars.<br>

Joe ///M

Yes | No

agreed,

What some folks ask for their M6 cars is crazy! If I went with their calculations, mine would be worth $20k!

Richie

Yes | No

Re: 1988 M6 Value? $10-12K fair

Heck:<p>This car has sooo many miles on it. a friend here in northern ca. recently sold his red 88 m6 with 55k miles for almost $24k. It was mint though and he had SEVERAL buyers lined up.<p><p>1988 M6 Red with Grey 143k, new upper end rebuild, new clutch. Great condition. What does the group say this car would be worth? Thanks.<p></i><br>

Dave

Yes | No

I agree with Keith

The higher mileage would cause a real reduction in price. The M's are a prize only if you can get low miles with an owner who really maintained the car. That car is a crap shoot, it may be great or it may be a money pit. M power plants can be sensetive little creatures when they have a lot of miles.

Fred

Yes | No

<i><br>1988 M6 Red with Grey 143k, new upper end rebuild, new clutch. Great condition. What does the group say this car would be worth? Thanks.<p></i>I bought an 88 M6 with 110k miles a few months ago. Cosmetically and mechanically excellent. Everything works. Many new parts and upfits. New TRX Michelins. Its only need was a rear muffler. I paid $16k and am happy.<br>

Casey

Yes | No

<i><br>I also have a red 88 M6 with 111,000 miles.<br>I love the car...paid 13M one year ago w/90,000 miles. If I were to sell it today, I would expect locally(Little Rock) to bring around 10M. And this is after I've added 17"BBS wheels and tires and a new OEM exhaust. It takes someone in the know to spring the $ to buy one of these. 1988 is an OLD CAR to most people. It is a pleasure to own and drive an M6 each day. my .02

Ken Bunch

Yes | No

Re: agreed,

<i><br>What some folks ask for their M6 cars is crazy! If I went with their calculations, mine would be worth $20k! <p></i><br>Youse guys - any limited production, exotic and<br>definately collectable automobile that cost nearly<br>$60,000 in the mid 80's and even runs is worth what you guys are talking about - buy it while you can - these cars have bottomed out,are headed up and good ones will be out of reach before long. Or, buy a Honda!<br>

Keith

Yes | No

Re: agreed,

<i><p>What some folks ask for their M6 cars is crazy! If I went with their calculations, mine would be worth $20k! <p><br>Youse guys - any limited production, exotic and<br>definately collectable automobile that cost nearly<br>$60,000 in the mid 80's and even runs is worth what you guys are talking about - buy it while you can - these cars have bottomed out,are headed up and good ones will be out of reach before long. Or, buy a Honda!<p></i I respect your opinion Ken, Just look at what is being produced now. Do you think a nice 540 6 speed is going to keep it's value. Don't get me wrong the M6 is a favorite of mine. It's just a pain in the *** for keeping it on the road in fine fine shape. Even a BMW dealer will only look at one if he can steal it for a trade in.<br>

ian

Yes | No

<i><br>Can only give a guide in the UK which may not be that representative but here it is anyway.<p>M635 1986 air con, black leather, new TRX tyres factory M-Technic kit 152k miles engine rebuid at 75k, body good with new wing and front panel. 13k bills since 1990 (75k miles then) everything works fine but timing chain and sprockets being done as I speak (total bill will be about 1k including parts - cheap labour).<p>I love it - still pulls like a train no rot and I paid just over 5k for it. This is about the going rate in the UK with the history described above if you can find one. Low mileage (one on sale with 22kmiles at 26K!!!!)atract more but part of the fun is mending things as you go (execpt the engine of course )<p>No history and high miles without timing chain change will struggle to make 4k here<p>Cheers<p>Ian <p><br>I also have a red 88 M6 with 111,000 miles.<br>I love the car...paid 13M one year ago w/90,000 miles. If I were to sell it today, I would expect locally(Little Rock) to bring around 10M. And this is after I've added 17"BBS wheels and tires and a new OEM exhaust. It takes someone in the know to spring the $ to buy one of these. 1988 is an OLD CAR to most people. It is a pleasure to own and drive an M6 each day. my .02<p></i><br>

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information