+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 142138 Lenny1750 is an unknown quantity at this point Lenny1750's Avatar

Yes | No

Transmission quick shift

I have a 2006 750 Li with 40K miles and notice that the car shifts quickly between 2nd and 4th gears when in regular, automatic mode. It bothers me a bit as it does not feel like a smooth transition, and overall during routine suburban driving I am not real pleased with the smoothness of the transmission shifting.

I was wondering if this is normal and if others have noticed such irregularity...

M5X3

Yes | No

Re: Transmission quick shift

My 2006 with almost the same mileage still shifts smoothly. I believe you are experiencing shifting that is not normal.

Registered Member
    Member No: 142138 Lenny1750 is an unknown quantity at this point Lenny1750's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks for the feedback - I will have it checked at the next service in a few months.

Registered Member
    Member No: 167145 wgait is an unknown quantity at this point wgait's Avatar

Yes | No

If you haven't already done it and before you get the issue checked I'd reset the transmission software program. I have a '06 750i Sport just about to clock 40K that I bought CPO and the only thing I can figure is that the person who owned the car had a lead foot. My neck would snap back off the line every time and the engine would almost always rev high before taking second gear, usually roughly.

After following the procedure I found that all gears shifted like a luxury sports sedan that cost over $80K new should! Here's the procedure...

Insert the Key to into the key fob (DONíT HOLD THE BRAKE).
    Press the Start Button ONCE, just so the car electronics start and show the Engine light is on. (Again, Donít START the Engine).
    Press and HOLD the GAS PEDAL all the way to the force down click on the gas pedal for 25 seconds.
    After those 25 Seconds, proceed to Starting the Engine and drive your car.

Registered Member

Yes | No

I tried that procedure and it worked! It was like the secret handshake...how many other secrets are there about this car, I wonder, and how do you find out about them?

Registered Member
    Member No: 167145 wgait is an unknown quantity at this point wgait's Avatar

Yes | No

I hear there are lots of secrets - some available through iDrive. I find that there is no single source but I do enjoy the challenge of reading through the forums as I can on weekend mornings. Interesting what you can find (I've even found some official BMW tech training docs) but unfortunately, like anything else, often it's an investment in time....very happy to hear your problem is resolved!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information