+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 650i

Registered Member
    Member No: 168567 xiotis is an unknown quantity at this point xiotis's Avatar

Yes | No

650i

i have a 2007 650i convertible. i wanna lower it but not sure what brand to use and how low i can get it. i also dont want it to be some cheap brand. something that'll fit and look good. any ideas out there???

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 650i

You have several choices in brands and types. By types, I mean just fixed springs or adjustable coilovers. The coilovers have the advantage of varying the amount lowered based on your driving type/style. Generally can drop from 1-2 inches in front and 3/4 to 1.5 inch in rear. These figures are against a BASE 6er (non-sport) so if you are already with a sport package then subtrack about 1/2 inch from the above.

Two brands of coilovers with good reputation are:
    KW Coilover (Varient 3)
    H&R Coilover

Just plain springs generall lower 1 to 1.2 inch in front (minus 1/2 inch if Sport Package equipped already) and about 1 inch in rear.

Better brands are:
    H&R
    Eibach
    Dinan

If you just drop and do not go for wild wheel/tire combos you should have no issues. If you are thinking bigger wheels/tires THEN you may have some issues.

Keep us posted on what direction you take.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.bimmerdrivers.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information