+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 142138 Lenny1750 is an unknown quantity at this point Lenny1750's Avatar

Yes | No

Blackberry Pairing

I tried to pair my Blackberry 8310 to my 2006 750Li, and it did not work. I checked "the list" and of course my phone was not on it. Does anyone know if this list changes at all and if there is hope for phones not on the compatible list to someday work? My phone is better than the ones on that list and don't want to trade it in.

You would think that as technology changes that more phones would be added to the list, or software would enable new phones (like mine) to work with an older car... Hope someone can help me here.

Registered Member
    Member No: 36477 XZLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point XZLR8's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes, the list changes from time to time.

The thing that always amazes me is how phones can be on the list for a time, then be removed even though nothing has changed with the car. Also, often times there will be phones that work, but are never on the list.

I currently use a Motorola Q9c (Verizon), but had a Blackberry paired previously. Your phone isn't pairing at all?

On a side note, I'd love to get the new Blackberry Storm when it comes out, but was wondering if it would be compatible.<small>
    '08 BMW 650i Sport -- TitaniumSilver/Black
    '07 BMW X5 4.8i Sport -- SpaceGray/Black

M5X3

Yes | No

Re: Blackberry Pairing

The list changes, but I have had good luck pairing Backberry phones even if they were not on the list. My Blackberry 8830 works perfectly on my '06 750i and our '04 X3. You might check for updates for your phone software.

slv 750i

Yes | No

I didn't have any problems getting my 8310 paired to my 2006 750i. In fact, my wife's 8310 is also paired to the BMW. Di dyou activate on the BMW screen the same time you enable your BB bluetooth? It should then ask you for the BMW ID which is on the card provide with the owner's manual stuff.

Registered Member
    Member No: 142138 Lenny1750 is an unknown quantity at this point Lenny1750's Avatar

Yes | No

Well, it did pair but the address book would not download and the routine got hung up. Then I disabled the automatic download, it paired and I called the phone...for some reason the car had switched the phone to automatic answer without a ring.

Therfore I stopped trying. Did you have any of these problems, and if not did you have your phone setup with any special settings?

Registered Member
    Member No: 92395 BMRdriver is an unknown quantity at this point BMRdriver's Avatar

Yes | No

It's generally been my experience that a BlackBerry will pair with a 7 series, but the phone book will not download. The formats are incompatible. It's a standard function of the 7 to automatically go to hands-free operation when a phone is paired, but I can't speak to the auto answer problem.

DavidBMRdriver (slowly but surely adding other marques)
    '07 750i Sport
    '07 X5 4.4 Sport
    '89 560SL

J

Yes | No

Re: Yes, the list changes from time to time.

Haven't been able to get my Blackberry to pair on my 2008 750li. Also, my motorola krazr paired ok with my 03 745li but on the new 08 750li the yellow roaming light keeps flashing all the time. The phone works though. BMW says its a compatibility issue with Verizon. Any suggestions how to get the dam yellow flashing light out. It's driving me crazy.

Registered Member
    Member No: 167145 wgait is an unknown quantity at this point wgait's Avatar

Yes | No

I pair a T-Mobile Blackberry 8820 and previously had a T-Mobile 8320 (Curve) and both worked with no problem on my '06. My personal phone is a Moto Razor and I have the dedicated cradle in the center console - all seem to pair with no issues as needed although it takes some time for my massive contacts list to download into the car from the BB each time.

One suggestion is to ensure that you have the latest handheld software installed for your BB. You should go to your carrier's site and check the version on your handheld with the currently available version. Updating it requires installing the BB desktop if you don't already synch with your computer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information