+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 51648 TamsDaMan is an unknown quantity at this point TamsDaMan's Avatar

Yes | No

I love my 528e!!!

Just got home from an awesome day and to top it off I drove the hour home in my 528e and I love it and it is the best car ever. That is all.

DiLLIGaF - IA

Yes | No

Re: I love my 528e!!!

I can't say I have never felt that way... I drive a company vehicle during the week (nice for gas) and I really enjoy getting out on the weekend with the 528e. Nice smooth ride, fun to drive. I always look forward to trips with that car.

Ray7er6ers5er3er

Yes | No

...and U just can't explain that feeling to a non

BMW driver. They've got to feel it for themselves. I drove my neighbors new Honda the other day that he was raving about...what a freaking bore. I said 'nice car' but I'll never own one.

Registered Member
    Member No: 51648 TamsDaMan is an unknown quantity at this point TamsDaMan's Avatar

Yes | No

Dear 528e...

Today your sideview mirrors were frosty and you melted them. Thanks!

Registered Member
    Member No: 111992 rodpaine is an unknown quantity at this point rodpaine's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: ...and U just can't explain that feeling to a

How true! I've owned mine coming up on 26 years in April '09 and it still puts big smiles on my face and my wife's, plus friends who have ridden in it with us and can't believe its age, ride quality and its sure footed performance in the twisties... all while delivering an average of over 27 MPG.

But, be careful what you say about a Honda. My 2008 Honda Fit is also quite a vehicle, in its own right, although it's not something I'll be driving for 26 years... only until the Honda Fit Hybrid becomes available. A great daily and distance driver, indeed!
    FWIW,
    -Rod

a

Yes | No

Re: ...and U just can't explain that feeling to a non

I tell 'em that the 528e is the closest thing I can find that compares to a 66 Valiant. Feel free to use this line and substitute any 35 yr old Detroit six banger.

Registered Member
    Member No: 171309 gomamma is an unknown quantity at this point gomamma's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I love my 528e!!!

Happy your happy. Keep an eye on the timing belt. Change it if you don't know when it was changed. Even if it looks new change it. Its that critical.

Registered Member
    Member No: 171309 gomamma is an unknown quantity at this point gomamma's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Dear 528e...

Its a good idea to unplug the timer switch for the lock/wiper heating system. When they go bad the pain around the locks gets damaged and unsightly and the battery will be dead. The switches are not available new. I remove them and put them in the trunk in a sealed box so when I go to sell it maybe someday I can put it back in for the whiny buyers.

Flash635

Yes | No

Re U just can't explain that feeling .....

I hired a 6 cylinder Holden Commodore* a little while back, it had a great engine and instruments and the adjustments on the driver's seat were infinite.

I was bored by the end of the day.

The six cylinder, 220hp, 4 door family car version of the GTO you guys got.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information