+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 113072 tokyotim is an unknown quantity at this point tokyotim's Avatar

Yes | No

Switching audio from AM to FM

I have had 7 previous BMWs since 1990 and NEVER had this problem that I have with my current 2007 650 series. The programmable button on the steering wheel is expected to move the audio from source to source (FM to AM to WB to CD to Aux) and does so on all other BMWs I have owned. However on my current car the system will SKIP AM or FM and go to WB. For example if I am on FM and push the button, it will go directly to WB and skip AM. If I am on AM and repeatedly push the button, it will NEVER go to AM but continue to skip over it.
    Any one else have this issue? Have asked the BMW service dealer but they are not aware of the problem

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Switching audio from AM to FM

I had this a long time ago in my MY05 645. It was not identical as mine was skipping Aux Input. Took over a year and aleast 2 if not 3 software updates before it was right.

Obviously yours is not right. Your service people will have to submit a PuMA case to trouble shoot and fix this as it is not such a common issue that there is a bulletin out for it.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information