+ Reply to Thread

Thread: De-Smog

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 92102 kneedrager is an unknown quantity at this point kneedrager's Avatar

Yes | No

De-Smog

Does anyone know of a good DIY for de-smogging a 1976 3.0SI. I can register the car as historic here in NJ and won't need to pass emissions. Looking for information on what to take off, plug ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Scott

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

Get rid of all that junk!! Thermal reactors, extra

solenoids, EGR valve and plug the hole, change to older iron exhaust manifolds. I did it to mine back in 82 or 83. So long ago I have forgotten some of what I did. Just clean it all out. I don't remember if it had an air pump but if it does get rid of it. I had to do the same on my 75 2002.

Registered Member
    Member No: 92102 kneedrager is an unknown quantity at this point kneedrager's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Get rid of all that junk!! Thermal reactors, extra

Thanks for your reply Roy. I've been doing some internet research and it appears I should replace the thermal reactors with either Stahl or Carr Indusrtries headers. After that, can I just remove the vacuum lines and plug where they hook to? What if anything do I need to keep? I assume I need to keep the vacuum advance for the distributor, anything else?

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

Not that I remember. I will take a look at mine. Y

You can use the iron exhaust manifolds if you don't want the expense of headers.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information