+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 169677 Merkurxr4ti is an unknown quantity at this point Merkurxr4ti's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm being robbed!

Hello fellow Cadillac owners. I'm new to this forum.
    Here's my situation. I took my car in for a service engine soon light. I knew something was wrong when I would step on the gas and the car would bog down and take forever to get up to speed. They told me it was a Idle/Speed control gauge. It would cost 400. Has anyone had to replace one of these?

Next question, they also said my brakes were worn and the rotors need replacing, another 400. I said "ok" thinking, I know I speed a lot and I am very aggressive driver, but after thinking about it, there is no way I would ruin the rotors. I have done brake jobs on every car I have owned up to this point. Usually when the rotors were shot, it was because I let the brake pads wear all the way down and the metal was grinding on the rotors. How do I go about it diplomatically without flying into a fit of rage that I was just robbed 400 bucks? Can I ask them to see the rotors? Will I have to take my camera and my tools to the shop and inspect everything before I leave the dealership? FYI....they have said they put a new trunk motor before, when in reality, they just fixed my old one and charged me for the new part. There is a history of distrust.

justice

Yes | No

Re: I'm being robbed!

It is sad that people see that you own a cadillac they seem to think that we are made of money I had to pay $50 for a set of windshield wipers for that type of money the wipers should turn itself on when it rains what I suggest is that you find you a good small local mechanic buy your own parts and just pay for labor it is cheaper that going to the dealership is always my last resort

DADOLLAC1

Yes | No

THEY DIDN'T ROB YOU, YOU ROBBED YOURSELF MY ACCEPTING WHAT THEY TOLD YOU WITHOUT LOOKING AND CHECKING BEFORE SAYING "YES" AND THE PARTS AREN'T THE EXPENSIVE PART IT'S THE LABOR THE REALLY KILLS YOU.

DADOLLAC1

Yes | No

Justice maybe you should look around before you purchase anything for your STS. I purchased a set for $30 that were OEM from an online source and I noticed that I could get a lot of items far below what the dealer wants for example the dealer wanted $105 for rear brake pads and I found them for $22 and installed them myself for a savings of $328.Good luck and remember "SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND".

Dadollac1

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information