+ Reply to Thread
    PK Bimmer

Yes | No

Wants to stall comming off throttle

Hi all. Have not been around for a while car has been running so great for abot a year.

86' 535i manual.

Situation: When warm and pulling up to a stop sign or while stopped and reving the engine then realeasing to idle the revs dip to almost a stall and sometimes to a stall before comming back to normal idle, 750 rpm. I have tried adjusting and a new Throttle Position Sensor, no change. When warm the engine is rock solid other than this issue.

I also went back to the stock chip. No change.

Not sure if this is connected or not but a month ago I started having warm up problems. Bad knock and Runs very, very rough until warm, 2 or 3 minutes.

Could it be a vacume issue

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 107478 rs422a is an unknown quantity at this point rs422a's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Wants to stall comming off throttle

I had this problem a couple of years ago. It sounds like the idle control valve that plugs into the intake hose right near the intake. I just squirted WD-40 into mine and shook it for a couple of minutes and that cleared it up. And it has never acted up since.

Ray7er6ers5er3er

Yes | No

Use carb cleaner next time. Leave it in for a bit

and shake around alot! got to get all the residue out. My 02

Registered Member
    Member No: 171309 gomamma is an unknown quantity at this point gomamma's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Wants to stall comming off throttle

Fact is the engines are getting old. The blow by and other stuff is corroding the idle speed motor and intake. I like to remove the throttle assembly and idle motor and soak them in Chem Dip for about 20 mins. I ust to use carb cleaner but its just not good enough. This will also help in getting the car to start and stay running in the morning. This Motronic system is very touchy and needs a good balance in all 6 of the cylinder performance. But the engines are getting old and this is just an affect of old age. And set the cap at the thottle plate at .0002

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information