+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 124430 jmurray551 is an unknown quantity at this point jmurray551's Avatar

Yes | No

Radio code help

I know it has been asked many times about radio codes but my situation is a little unique. I have a 95 - 740il and had the C23 radio go out on me so I purchased a used CD43 as a replacement. Plugged it in and it worked fine for 2 years without a code. I have replaced the battery, no problem. I have unhooked the battery multiple times, no problem. Today I unhooked the battery while replacing the valve cover gaskets and now the radio is asking for a code. I have what I thought was the code but it is a 4 digit number not a 5 digit that the radio is calling for. The MID works fine. Is there some way to reset that?
    Thanks for your help.

Registered Member
    Member No: 150895 BigBimmer is an unknown quantity at this point BigBimmer's Avatar

Yes | No

You will have to get a dealer to lookup the code

I assume that the car is not asking for the four digit engine immobilization code on the MID. Only a dealer can determine the radio unlock code for you.
    2000 E38 750iL Highline Edition with 18" Style 118 Wheels and Runflats
    MKIV and 16:9 Navigation, TV, and Backup Camera
    New Gen Radio, Sirius, Aux Input for my iPod, Bluetooth, and E39 M5 Tire Pressure Monitor System

Registered Member
    Member No: 3765 squenton is an unknown quantity at this point squenton's Avatar

Yes | No

Since you have the Euro 4 digit code and not the

USA 5 digit code...you need to put the radio back in the EURO mode, then enter the 4 digit CODE that will unlock the unit.

Once it is unlocked, then you can switch it back to the USA mode where the radio will pickup our radio frequencies.

I don't have the info handy, but I've read it before...you may want to search for the instructions on how to switch the CD43 from EURO to USA mode on the forums that the radio came out of ( E36 & Z3 forums).

Good luck.

Q
    1995 525iT~~~~~~~~~~1997 740iL
    Build Date: 11/95~~~~~~Build Date: 03/97
    Alpine White III~~~~~~~~Arctic Silver

my Qsilver7 cardomain site

Registered Member
    Member No: 3765 squenton is an unknown quantity at this point squenton's Avatar

Yes | No

Here...found directions for switch to Euro mode...

Like I stated in my post above...you can switch from Euro to USA mode even if the radio is locked and is asking for the CODE:

If you only have the 4 digit EURO code, and your car loses power and the radio is now LOCKED...you must FIRST switch the unit BACK to Euro mode by:

1. Turn the radio VOL button to ON...then hold the M button down while turning ignition to position 2
    2. Select EURO (it should be an option in the display.
    3. Then enter the 4 digit code.

Now the radio should be unlocked and to get the radio back into USA mode follow the instructions in steps 1 & 2 above except choose USA instead of EURO in step #2.

Q
    1995 525iT~~~~~~~~~~1997 740iL
    Build Date: 11/95~~~~~~Build Date: 03/97
    Alpine White III~~~~~~~~Arctic Silver

my Qsilver7 cardomain site

Registered Member
    Member No: 124430 jmurray551 is an unknown quantity at this point jmurray551's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Here...found directions for switch to Euro mode...

Thanks Q. I had found that post also. That did the trick.

Q

Yes | No

great...glad you got it all worked out. 8-)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information