+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 127514 BrianINSF is an unknown quantity at this point BrianINSF's Avatar

Yes | No

Extended Warranty

Hello fellow 6ers.
    My 05 645ci (Garage Queen) with 17k miles is reaching its 3year ownership in two weeks. The dealer is offering me a 3rd party extended warranty for $4,500 plus a $200/ded. I'm not sure about the cost benefits as I've had very minor problems with the car in the past 3 years. The dealer is pitching the fear factor and throwing out transmission, electrical, GPS, radio etc costs of repair. I don't have plans of selling the car anytime soon but don't want a car with problems either. I'm stuck on deciding to get the warranty or not. Out here in CA, I'm seeing used 07's selling for $40k due to the economy. BTW, I did purchase the Mtce warranty for 7yrs 100k 3 years ago but that only covers maintenance. Also, why is my warranty only 3yrs and not 4yrs? Am I being fed a line? Whats your opinion? Extend the warranty or Not? Help me decide.

'05 645ci, Mineral Silver Metallic/Cream Beigh Dakota Leather/Ruthenium Pearl Gloss Wood Trim, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Audio Sound Pkg(Logic7), Sport Pkg, 6-speed Steptronic, Sirius Satellite Radio, Tinted windows, Star Spoke (Style #92),Hardwired Bell Pro RX65 Radar,T-mobile Tilt HTC 8925 BT/WiFi/PPC/Phone, custom sheep skin seat covers; Top speed 141mph <--handled like driving at 40mph :)!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Extended Warranty

Warranty is 4 years, 50,000 miles whichever comes first. Its in your manual package (separate little booklet). Obviously, yours is going to be the time limit. I purchased both warranty and maintenance as I do 22k miles a year and am at 75k now (BMW bundled and a little laess than what you are being offered). I have used both but have yet to "breakeven". Only 25k miles left and I'll hopefully still not breakeven - prefer if I don't have to use it either.

Yes it is a risk so you are buying insurance as I did, but I think we over reacted to potential high cost repairs as the real failure rates are far less especially starting with the MY05.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information