+ Reply to Thread
    BMWAaron

Yes | No

2001 740iL Heater Problem

I've searched through the site (briefly) and the web and couldn't find an answer to my problem:

Our 2001 740iL (5/00 build) has about 100K miles on it. We recently noticed that whenever the heater is turned on, it always blows hot through the defroster vents, but nothing else. The center dial is set to red, the rear vents are set to red, the temperature is set to max. This is consistent - it never changes which vents are blowing hot (foot vents vs. windshield, for example) and it does not ever blow hot through the dash vents anymore. The air coming from the dash vents is always lukewarm. Everything I've seen online has been very briefly discussed and not 100% on topic.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know...it's starting to get cold out there.

Tariq Khan

Yes | No

Re: 2001 740iL Heater Problem

I have the same issue. On Auto, it blows hot from footwells and windshield but lukewarm from dash vents. I have replaced my heater control valve. Nothing resolved. Any thoughts?

7ACS

Yes | No

I have the same problom with my E38. If any one knows what to do about this, please mail me too.
    Cheers.

Mark M

Yes | No

This sounds like your stepper motor(s) or a bad heat control unit. The dealer has a test which will tell you exactly what is wrong. Figure about $70 or so to save you the trouble of tracking this one down.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information