+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 157313 kcmiller is an unknown quantity at this point kcmiller's Avatar

Yes | No

6 Series - Things I wish were different...

Hoping someone can help...

I love my 2005 6 series convertible, but there a few annoying problems that I would love to fix. First, how come whenever I start my car the a/c fan comes on? It could be 30 degress and the a/c always turns on...is there a way to keep it off? Second, the "gong" noise is out of control...it comes on way too often and is way too loud - can the volume be adjusted? BTW, I am referring to the noise that comes on when you open the door with the key in the ignition, etc. Lastly, everyday I back out of my garage and need to turn-off the PDC...again, the noise is out of control. Is there a way to keep the PDC off unless I want it on?

Thanks in advance.

-Ken

Registered Member
    Member No: 119132 howardmw is an unknown quantity at this point howardmw's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 6 Series - Things I wish were different...

Ken,

If you manually adjust the fan speed or simply turn it off, the next time you get in the car (with the same key), the setting should remain the same. As to the other issues, I agree with you, but the only solution I know of is ear plugs.

Registered Member
    Member No: 98482 bmwtech2003 is an unknown quantity at this point bmwtech2003's Avatar

Yes | No

The a/c problem may be able to turn off by using the car/key function in the progman/isss. I have seen the option for hot climate areas where the a/c is on with every key cycle. Depending on how well you are in with your local dealer they may charge you an hour to turn it off. I had an x-3 doing the saem thing and it was turned off using the programming station. Not sure about the gong issue. It gets on my nerves also but I haven't left the lights on or a key in the ignition.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Howard is right. As long as you set something manually it will remain that way the next time you start up with same key. But all OFF will always revert to AUTO on. However, it might be part of "Car and Key Memory (CKM)" settings the dealer can set up. There are several things related to Air and recirculation but not sure if not going to AUTO is one of them. You could also set the AUTO function to its lowest setting in iDrive.

Gong volume is non adjustable. Find the gong speakers and stuff a sock in it (I can't say if this works or not).

PDC visual can be set to OFF in iDrive, but not the audio portion.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information