+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tire size

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 151657 Bjorn is an unknown quantity at this point Bjorn's Avatar

Yes | No

tire size

Hi
    Does anybody know if 255/30/19 front and 285/35/19 in the rear will fit on a E39 M5, I have a 2002 mod.
    I have a set of 19" Bryton Imagine wheels. I do not like the look of the front tyres (245/30/19)on the front rim. The rear is ok, but I was thinking to go up one size on all four corners if it will fit.
    Thought someone had tried it.

Brent Terry

Yes | No

Re: tire size

285's will fit depending on your wheel offset. If the number is greater than et25 in the rear then go for it, but if it is et20 or lower then I'm thining no way.

Unregistered

Yes | No

upsizing tires

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Terry View Post
    285's will fit depending on your wheel offset. If the number is greater than et25 in the rear then go for it, but if it is et20 or lower then I'm thining no way.
    Sorry to disagree. Can go +1 to 245-35-19 Fronts and 275-30-19 rears. 255's in front will run your fenders big time, and same issue with your rears, unless you get the fenders rolled. Overalll diameter driven not by width (245, 255, 275, etc), but by combo of relative depth and wheel diameter: 275-35-18 = 285-30-19 assuming you're not installing big brake kit (wheels need room for larger rotors and calipers).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.14.138.32

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information