+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 15886 Y2KMcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point Y2KMcoupe's Avatar

Yes | No

HAPPY New Year! ... and an update

Just a note to wish you "Roadfly-ers" a HAPPY New Year ... and to check in, since it's been awhile since doing so. My '00 Coupe is almost at 91K (5K on the track) and still running nicely and turning heads since it's purchase 5/12/99. Still fantasizing about dropping that LS7 under the hood, though. ;)

Have also been having fun on the track, having had 11 races to date in the NW local ICSCC conference, racing an E30 in 5 of those, Mike Helton's Grand Am S54 Mcoupe in 5 others, and in my last event, I raced Helton's other racer, a '95 E36 M3 with a Euro motor. That race was a 12-hour enduro held at Portland on 10/25. We had 6 drivers sharing the duties, each having a 2 hour stints. Almost a flawless race, placing first in class and 2nd overall, only being beaten by a 'Busa powered Sports Racer. Here's a photo of the winning team (I'm 4th from the right) ...

You may remember seeing this car, as it appeared on the cover of the March 2008 issue of the BMWCCA magazine, the ROUNDEL ... regarding another very successful enduro event in Seattle.

Some of you know that I also do some straight line racing in my '57 Bel Air. I updated the heads and exhaust this past summer and the car went it's quickest to date on 10/19/08 ... clicking off a very nice 11.43 @ 117.59 mph. Here's a shot of it launching that day ...

For a summary on the '57 (also DROP me a vote!), go
    here.

Hope all is well with you "Coupers"! Doug

Registered Member
    Member No: 45881 mlobo is an unknown quantity at this point mlobo's Avatar

Yes | No

Nice wrinkles!

You're twisting up the sidewalls pretty well in the '57. Looks like a blast! Good to hear you're keeping a Coupe in its element as well. Keep it up.

BTW, when are you coming out to CO?

Kevin 368s #19

Registered Member
    Member No: 15886 Y2KMcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point Y2KMcoupe's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks!

Hi Kevin - Would love to take a road trip and come see ya. Be neat if JMillet (Jim now has a Z4M) and DBarritt could tag along, too. Just not sure when that will be, though. Keep in touch.

Registered Member
    Member No: 45881 mlobo is an unknown quantity at this point mlobo's Avatar

Yes | No

Where there's a Coupe, there's a way.....

It would be tough to arrange all our schedules, but it could be done. Maybe meet half way? Just a thought.....

Kevin 368s #19

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information