+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 30661 MC28REPSOL is an unknown quantity at this point MC28REPSOL's Avatar

Yes | No

Suspension Shop SoCal???

Looking for a good suspension shop to set up my suspension.

Registered Member
    Member No: 81592 pbfut is an unknown quantity at this point pbfut's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Suspension Shop SoCal???

What are you trying to do?

Registered Member
    Member No: 149143 lpcapital is an unknown quantity at this point lpcapital's Avatar

Yes | No

I think he's fed up with BMS...

...eheheheh. Sorry: I know you've been going through a lot with them... Bob told me what happened with your car...

I go the cheap way: I got the lifetime alignment from Firestone for about $130. They guys do a good job and if you speak to the actual mechanic he has no problem setting the car to whatever you want. The good thing is that it being lifetime you can go back as many time as you want if you wanna change something or try a different setting and you pay $0...

I can't remember if you modified your rear subframe with the IE toe and camber kit, but when I took mine in the tech had no problem working on it. On your ///M would be even easier since the brake lines are not in the way...

Nonetheless it's not like you take your car there, give them the key, and walk away... Just keep an eye on them and remind them they are not working on somebody's minivan...

Doing the alignment itself is a very simple task: you hook up the mirrors, make sure they are leveled, have the machine do the reading, grab a wrench and start turning bolts till the number are what you want...

A couple thing:
    1) I'm super cheap, so I go to Walmart, pick up enough bags of dog food (yea, dog food) to make up my weight, than go for the alignment and ask the guy to place them on the driver seat. They don't have weights there, so this way the settings keep into account for the driver... Once I'm done I go back to Walmart and tell them my dog had died (I actually don't have one) so I don't need the food anymore... eheheh!! Sounds funny, but it works

2) Most techs don't know that BMW have a notch on the steering rack that allow the steering wheel to be perfectly centered (well, as long as the steering wheel have not been removed and remounted incorrectly). Just tell him to take a look and to align the two arrows.

Now, if you're looking for a fancy place, with lots of bells and wissle, and long racing heritage (sounds familiar??) I can't help...
    ---------------------------------

1998 Z3 1.9 (my baby)
    2003 Z4 2.5i (my babe's baby)

Registered Member
    Member No: 30661 MC28REPSOL is an unknown quantity at this point MC28REPSOL's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Suspension Shop SoCal???

Damn, Zeta ... easy dog =-)

myself i will never go public on any Business unless they are totally the "Pits." so my take on BMS is while they are a great company there was a few things that Chris and i didn't see eye to eye on so i pulled my car and that's all, no harm no foul. i still think BMS is a great company ... just not for me. Chris is more "Race Car" oriented and my car while it does "GO" is really put together like a Show Car, hence our disagreement.

well, back to my suspension ... i'm looking for a shop that has experenced with the Coupe and would like them to "Set Up" my suspension ... meaning, checking the re-bound / compression. spring rates. basically everything to get my car street and track ready.

patavakian

Yes | No

We can always meet at MiniCorsa...

on a Saturday or Sunday.

Registered Member
    Member No: 149143 lpcapital is an unknown quantity at this point lpcapital's Avatar

Yes | No

I guess you're just more patient and forgiving...

...than me... ehehhe!!!

Well, hopefully you get it sorted out
    ---------------------------------

1998 Z3 1.9 (my baby)
    2003 Z4 2.5i (my babe's baby)

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: We can always meet at MiniCorsa...

Hey Pat .... you free this saturday? i think i'll try to hook up with gary then.

patavakian

Yes | No

I was in San Diego for the weekend... sorry

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information