+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 3970 jperson is an unknown quantity at this point jperson's Avatar

Yes | No

New to E64 world

Hello and nice to meet you guys who hang out here. I've owned a few BMWs over the years including a couple of 5ers and a current 330Cic. I once took Euro delivery on a 540iT. But I went recently to our local "international auto show" and got a serious bug - for a new (to me) Bimmer. That's not exactly true, in that I was admiring a M-B CL550, but realized that it still isn't a BMW no matter how beautiful the lines, and more importantly, it won't fit in my short half of the garage. I then read a review that said that the cheaper 6 series was worth considering. What did they mean cheaper? In any case, I started to do some research, drive a few at dealerships, and check out what is available online. When I saw that two year old 650i convertibles were going for half MSRP, I realized it was time to trade in my beloved 2001 330Cic.

So that's a long intro paragraph to let you know that I've purchased a 2007 Monaco Blue/ Pearl Cream Beige interior convertible with under 16k miles on it. It's being shipped from Atlanta to me in California, so I should have it in a week or two. I had it inspected and had my dealer look up the maintenance history, and it seems to be in good shape. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it and then I'll let you know how it is. It's got a good set of options, but no HUD, Night Vision or Active Steering. Not sure I need any of those, and while HUD would have been nice, I don't think it works with my polarized sun glasses.

I look forward to contributing to this message board and helping out others who also own one of these great performing and looking cars. I'll also let you know what my wife says, since so far she doesn't know that I've made this purchase! At least she has a birthday and an anniversary coming up....

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: New to E64 world

Oh you foolish man (RE: the wife does not know). Good luck. You will love the car and she should as well. Nice color choice
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 3970 jperson is an unknown quantity at this point jperson's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks Cobradav. She now knows and it only took a few hours until she warmed up to the surprise, especially when she realized this could be HER daily driver. Hmmm, that's not exactly what I had in mind. In any case, we're now both anxious for its arrival by enclosed carrier.
    07 650i Convertible~Monaco Blue~Cream Beige~Sport~Logic 7~HD/SAT Radios~Cold Pkg~AUX~BT

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Good for her!

It also doesn't hurt that you got a bargain as well. I was an early adoptor so paid full MSRP when the dealers were getting OVER MSRP. I am nearing 80k miles and only a rare frown. I love it so much that if they would put the TTV8 in it in its last year (before the F12/13 body comes out) I would get it.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information