+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 23351 sedate is an unknown quantity at this point sedate's Avatar

Yes | No

anyone else have their sideview mirror spider?

Just recently noticed that my pass side mirror has developed hairline cracks. Is this common and how is it replaced? Do I need to replace the assy or just the mirror? Thanks.

Registered Member
    Member No: 21850 jimdrivas has a little shameless behaviour in the past jimdrivas's Avatar

Yes | No

Just he mirror....about $80 or so....easy DIY.....

It could be because of the heated mirrors over time, causing hairline cracks. The glass of the E90's which also automatically dim run about $400...E46's are cheap.

Registered Member
    Member No: 23351 sedate is an unknown quantity at this point sedate's Avatar

Yes | No

thanks JIO. Dealer item or ???

Registered Member
    Member No: 21850 jimdrivas has a little shameless behaviour in the past jimdrivas's Avatar

Yes | No

dealer item...OEM................

If you look under the mirror glass, you'll see a small notch where a small screwdriver can fit. Push the notch to the right or left (can't remember off hand which direction). It doesn't move much but it does release the mirror glass. You'll see how it works from the new mirror. The only thing left holding the mirror is a bit of double stick tape....just gently pull on the glass and it will let go. Be careful, as there are two wires for the heated part of the mirror. The wires can be hooked up either way, so don't worry if you forgot which wire went to which terminal. Putting it back together, just reverse the process but be sure the mirror notch is on tight. I missed aligned one mirror on my E46 M3 and as I was driving down the road, the mirror fell out but luckily the heating wires caught the glass.

Good luck...it really is easy.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information