+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 163464 eurodre is an unknown quantity at this point eurodre's Avatar

Yes | No

Debating 745li or XJR

I'm debating which to get, a 745li or Jaguar XJR, both about an 04ish model. I currently own a 98 XJR and i love the car but its time for an upgrade. The new R looks like an amazing car, but i always liked beemers and the 7 has so many nifty features and gadgets. But then the XJR is.. well you know, special. I want to know how the 7s hold up in the long run, from reading I'm just seeing a lot of minor electronic failures and hiccups, nothing major like tranny or suspension.. How does all the electronic gizmos and gadgetry hold up after lets say 100k miles? What about everything else? Let me know what you guys think..

M5X3

Yes | No

Re: Debating 745li or XJR

I can't speek for the '04 or 100k, but my 06 has been a delight with very few reliability issues for 40k.

BM-Beast

Yes | No

I have an 03 with 77k on it - bought it new. Its been very good with no reliability issues other than a dead battery in May of 07.

Registered Member
    Member No: 163464 eurodre is an unknown quantity at this point eurodre's Avatar

Yes | No

That sounds promising. Do you get your maintenance done by dealers only? I find that finding the right private mechanic with the skills and knowledge may be hard, but if you have no warranty saves you thousands.

Andrey

Yes | No

As I'm looking around at the seven, I seem to have noticed a confusing thing.. The 3 buttons on the center console for heated, cooled, and massaged seats are present on both the passenger and driver side of the 745, but are only there on the driver on the newer 750s. The passenger side has only the heated and cooled buttons as if only the driver seat has the seat messagers on the 750 when the 745 had it on both sides. Now how does this make sense?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information