+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered Member
    Member No: 4787 rustyh is an unknown quantity at this point rustyh's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Well, you seem to have gotten one legit answer.

Just out of curiosity, have you considered a clean used E36 M3?

They make excellent autox and track cars, no mods are necessary, they're relatively easy to work on and they're really not expensive at all to maintain. Could be another option.

Another car you might want to consider is a nice used MZ3 Coupe. They're not real easy to come by, but they're out there. I'd think an S52 model ('98 (or 99?) thru '00) would make an excellent track car, and a neat little sports car for weekend drives in the country or wherever. Again, really easy to work on, not expensive at all to maintain, and fun. But you might want to stay with the S52, the S54's are a bit more pricey to maintain (expensive valve adjustment requirements ever so many miles, etc)

I realize you were intially asking about two roadsters, so a drop-top may be a major consideration. But since you make it sound like it's primary purpose may be autoxing and track time, just wondered if you've considered or would consider something different.

Roger
    '07 MZ4 Coupe
    '95 M3

Registered Member
    Member No: 171243 ourly is an unknown quantity at this point ourly's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Well, you seem to have gotten one legit answer.

I really love the 98 M3 sedan. If memory serves, the automotive press hated the steering on the next generation 3s [for a few years anyhow] and called this generation 3 the best handling ever. I've driven my boss' 97 M3 coupe many times and love it. But the toy has to be topless.

PS, the wife loves the old Z3 m coupe, nice suggestion. If I was going to go hardtop/track car only, I'd probably go with a 944 turbo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information