+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 129993 Earlyshark is an unknown quantity at this point Earlyshark's Avatar

Yes | No

Brake upgrades for 2800cs?

What's the least expesive way to go, using "recycled parts" from e-12 and early e-24. And a recommended master cylinder, looking for as simple a bolt on as possible. Also are the 2800 and 3.0 the same diff? Gear ratio and housing size: the only book I have has different amounts of rear gear oil between the two. Misprint? TIA

Registered Member
    Member No: 156396 bmwcs3 is an unknown quantity at this point bmwcs3's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Brake upgrades for 2800cs?

For the front, you can use E12(77-81)/E24(76-81)vented calipers and E9 3.0CS rotors. All this really gets you is vented rotors. Unless you do a LOT of high speed driving, the stock set-up if in good shape and rear drum brakes adjusted properly, is really pretty good on the street.

Beyond that, Ireland Engineering has real upgrades to bigger rotors and calipers. Not cheap of course.

For the rear, the only practical upgrade is to install 3.0CS rear swing arms and brakes. The rear vented rotors and calipers are the same as the 76-81 E24s, if that is any help.

Registered Member
    Member No: 156396 bmwcs3 is an unknown quantity at this point bmwcs3's Avatar

Yes | No

Differentials for 2800cs and 3.0CS

The cases are the same and are interchangeable. Also interchange with E3, E12, E12 up to 81.
    I think all 2800CS had 3.45 ratio. Here in the US, 3.0CS had 3.64 ratio, but in Europe they used 3.45. The CSi model never imported to US had 3.25s.
    Bill Riblett

Registered Member
    Member No: 129993 Earlyshark is an unknown quantity at this point Earlyshark's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks for info

Brake upgrade is more for the saftey factor than anything. Lots of hills and mountains nearby.

Ralph

Yes | No

Re: Brake upgrades for 2800cs?

Where are you located? I'm currently parting an 81 e24 (in SoCal) and I have all the parts you would need. email me if you are interested.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information