+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 74123 jones is an unknown quantity at this point jones's Avatar

Yes | No

plugs and wires --85 535i

It's time for a tune up. Whats the best plug too use? Is there a good place to get plug wires online? Thanks,Poe

a

Yes | No

Re: plugs and wires --85 535i

Oem Beru for wires. Bosch silvers for a 535i or coppers for a 528e

Registered Member
    Member No: 171309 gomamma is an unknown quantity at this point gomamma's Avatar

Yes | No

The only plugs that work and work a long time is the Bosch silBER not silver but Bosch Silber plugs. I think its wr9ls. I have bought some cars in the past that had platinum plugs in them used on the 3.3 and 3.5's of yesteryear and they work great at first but about 10 to 15K down the road they start to completely die. Simply no other plug works as good as a Bosch silber.
    As to the wires I have gotten away from the old type where there is a little spring wire in it in the plug side and am now using regular type ones. Its a bit of a hassel removing them down the road and ripping the wires are a possibility, but I think they preform better and cost MUCH much less. As to cap and rotor replace it every time. Sooner or later the rotor where it connects to the cap goes bad and turns to sand paper grinding down the carbon pice of the cap and then poof the car does all sorts of things and usually it just causes the car to stop running.

a

Yes | No

GM, Silber is german for silver. The OEM Beru wires lasted 15 yrs on my 88, no reason to deviate from that kinda reliability for some aftermkt crapola wires that dont fit right.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information