+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 110885 goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy's Avatar

Yes | No

oil cooler hoses?

I had a blue smoke trail behind me today, and now puddles in the garage. How hard is it to get at these hoses? Are there any other suspects I should look at? VANOS? Seven years old, 71k miles.

Registered Member
    Member No: 13562 s54mpwr is an unknown quantity at this point s54mpwr's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: oil cooler hoses?

If you're getting a trail of blue smoke then it's probably not the oil cooler hoses since it on the opposite side of the exhaust. It sounds like oil is getting on the exhaust pipes or header. It could be oil leaking from the head gasket, valve cover gasket or the oil return line that runs between the front and rear header manifold. Also look at the exhaust cam sensor at the right rear as oil could possibly leak from it's o-ring gasket. I'd check the right side (passenger side) of the engine throughly first.

Registered Member
    Member No: 110885 goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy's Avatar

Yes | No

thanks, I'm tinkering with it this weekend

... been to cold to mess with it until now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information