+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dash Lights

Registered Member
    Member No: 140560 mint528e is an unknown quantity at this point mint528e's Avatar

Yes | No

Dash Lights

Hello.
    I am looking at a 1988 735i. The owner says the only thing wrong with it is the dash lights goes out sometimes (intermittent). I am wondering if this is something that happens often in these cars and if any one has any suggestions as to what it might be? My worst fear is that the entire dash instruments and all go out when this happens and I wouldnt find out until after I bought the car. I asked the guy if the OD goes out as well when this happens and he paused and said he didnt know.
    Charlie

Registered Member
    Member No: 14327 Highline is an unknown quantity at this point Highline's Avatar

Yes | No

you have to get used to learn about basics

in electrics and soldering. That are cars with an age >15 years old. BUT, the good thing is they are still repairable DIY and no black boxes.
    See my website below and you find all necessary information for DIY. In this case it might be just some bad contact, so maybe some good contact cleaner spray will do, or bad ground wires there, or the bulbs have to be changed, or the interior light dimmer is on the way out, or the fuse is not good or has some bad contact. Easy stuff.

SHOGUN'S TRICKS AND TIPS FOR THE SEVEN SERIESShogun E32 Tech Tips: http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information