+ Reply to Thread
    meen

Yes | No

2009 Tail lights be replaced on a 2007???

Would anyone know if you can replace a 2009 335i rear lights on a 2007 335i rear lights?

Shape looks the same, just different design.

Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 93023 Stinger9 is on a distinguished road Stinger9's Avatar

Yes | No

The general rule is no for BMW

In other words, unless you get a solid yes, assume no.
    They're always changing some small detail and these days the computer picks up the diff and sends out an error messege.

Registered Member
    Member No: 89637 mlweaver is an unknown quantity at this point mlweaver's Avatar

Yes | No

can't help w/ 2009, but here is a tip

This is what I do to resolve parts questions like this:
    If you know the production date of the cars (second line of the black sticker inside the driver side door jam) you can go to an online parts catalog such as realOEM at http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
    and enter the information on the model and year of the recipient car. Then find the part in question and write down the number. Enter the info for the donor car and compare the part number. For example, the tail light assembly for a 335i sedan built in 06/2005 is the same as the light assembly for one built in 07/2008. If the part numbers are indentical, they probably will interchange.
    Unfortunately, the most recent models (such as 2009) may not appear in the database yet. If the production date is not on the list, this won't work.
    If as you say "the design is different", then the part numbers are probably not the same, so the only way to know for sure is trial and error. But this technique is helpful for checking for compatible parts between say the sedan and coupe, or even different models that may share parts (e.g. 750 and 850 engine parts).
    Good luck,
    Mark W in mid-MO
    2008 335xi coupe
    1993 850Ci 6-speed

2 turbos ..................or 12 cylinders, no waiting!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information