+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 163387 samhar is an unknown quantity at this point samhar's Avatar

Yes | No

navigation retrofit help

hellow every one
    this is the third BMW i bought 1996iL green with biege interior/2000i silver internal and external and now 1997IL midnight blue with biege inside it's in showroom condition the computer MK1 and have the folowing option Telephon,code,TV,ventlation,OBC,
    Now my request is what do i need of component to retrofit GPS ?
    I Know ther is coputer driver and antenna connection from driver to under rear shelf and harnese from driver to blank 6pin plug wich alredy behind the CD changer so do i need any thing else ? ig so what is that ?
    is there any PDF manual included all detail .
    thanks
    Hop you accept my english

Registered Member
    Member No: 150895 BigBimmer is an unknown quantity at this point BigBimmer's Avatar

Yes | No

Here's a link to the official OE retrofit guide

Here is a link to BMW's official OE retrofit guide. This assumes that you are using a BMW kit, but it lists all of the parts and the overall process. You can get the parts separately and modify a wiring harness.

http://members.shaw.ca/dragnet/images/e38_nav_retrofit.pdf

Also, check out this forum for the most detailed postings of navigation retrofit projects. You can find specific parts lists for about any type of retrofit you have in mind. Just delete the space in the URL to get it to work.

http://www.bimmer board.com/forums/bmwnav/
    2000 E38 750iL Highline Edition with 18" Style 118 Wheels and Runflats
    MKIV and 16:9 Navigation, TV, and Backup Camera
    New Gen Radio, Sirius, Aux Input for my iPod, Bluetooth, and E39 M5 Tire Pressure Monitor System

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

The MKI is the GPS Nav. You can upgrade it to a

MKIII or MKIV by use of the 840 adapter cable. Do a search at that other place.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information