prior to fuel injection and these electronic sensors we had a bimetallic coil that would enlarge(expand) or contract and thereby open or close the choke-plate in the throat of the carburator. This plate would thereby cut off the amount of normal air being drawn into the engine and thereby would show a larger fuel being drawn into the engine.

SO NOWADAYS I PRESUME..... that our cold relay sensors would send a electronioc signal to some sort of valve that would either cut down on the flow of cold air coming into the engine and or at the same s=time increase the amount of gas being sent into the engine. Until the engine is warm and then this relay (switch) would shutoff...

AM I CORRECT HERE ???

SO....

does our engine have some sort of cold relay and if it does at what engine temperature does this switch turn off at. Becasue my thinking is maybe thats why I am having bad gas mileage for the last month or so....cold weather and a cold engine... or an engine that has not warmed up enough to turn the cold relay switch off..

Yaaaa, I know I could answer all my own questions here if I just go and open up my Chiltons Manual and read it, but thats to much...