+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 64997 kristofergregoire is an unknown quantity at this point kristofergregoire's Avatar

Yes | No

Air bag occupancy sensor question.

If my light is on for a faulty occupancy sensor in the passenger seat... is the airbag default active OR disabled?

If it's disabled I need to get that part asap.

Fluke/CapeCod

Yes | No

Re: controversial question regarding airbag light

somewhere close to a couple of years back (between 1/06 todate) we were talking on this subject and someone claimed that the airbag works properly even if the warning light is on... they further statd that these BMW dealers are the people that claiming you need to have it repaired... thereby we have a contradiction inplace...

Personally I went with believing the airbag system works properly with or without the warning light, only stands to reason in my way of thinking.

back then there was someone here that said they had the sensor in the passenger seat replaced because, of this light being on and the dealer said that was the cause of the warning light going on.. he further stated that then spent $2200.00 for this repair and then only one week after this repair was done the warning light came on again... so he too, in the end chose to ignore the light

Registered Member
    Member No: 139505 gpalmer is an unknown quantity at this point gpalmer's Avatar

Yes | No

I was told......

..... though have not verified this. If the seat sensor works, it will fire the passenger side air bag in an accident if the seat is occupied, but not if the seat is vacant. However, if the sensor is broken, it will fire the airbag regardless. Kind of a fail safe system? I have not been able to verify the correctness of this."If a gentlemen opens a car door for his girlfriend, then either the car is new, or the girlfriend is." Anon.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information