+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 111891 acupajoe is an unknown quantity at this point acupajoe's Avatar

Yes | No

to buy or not to buy.....

I never thought, although hoped that I would be back here again....I have although selling my 98 740il and said my goodbyes. But here I am looking for a 3 series convertible. Had one a while ago...old 86 =) Loved it and want another. My question is...what to look for and is the 325 and 330 MUCH different...I know there's a bit more horses but is it noticable. I found a 325 2005 with 26k for $18.5k...looks like a steal. I appreciate all you helpa nd look forward to posting again!!!

Joe

Registered Member
    Member No: 109559 Yrralis1 is an unknown quantity at this point Yrralis1's Avatar

Yes | No

05 Convertible is an E46

When you mentioned the 05 it's not an E90 body style . The E46 convertible was the last of the cloth tops . I much prefer coupes for a lot of reasons (weight, peformance, leak potential, acoustics , visibility.... etc) but if you are sold on top down driving I would prefer the rag top car which you describe.

Registered Member
    Member No: 111891 acupajoe is an unknown quantity at this point acupajoe's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 05 Convertible is an E46

Thanks a bunch! I think it's a good deal...?

Registered Member
    Member No: 109559 Yrralis1 is an unknown quantity at this point Yrralis1's Avatar

Yes | No

Questions

1) How many miles ?
    2) Any paint /bodywork ?
    3) 1 owner car ? Private party or "certified" by an authorized BMW dealership .
    4) Have you had it inspected ?

Keep in mind most used cars look pretty . It just happens that the E46 engine is legendary . particularly the 330. What isn't so legendary is the convertible related issues and with 4 years a lot could happen .

BG

Yes | No

What information are you looking for?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information