+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

BMW330xi

Yes | No

What's the $150 smart phone integration option?

Smartphone Integration $150

Is that the replacement name used for Bluetooth? It requires you to pick iPod/USB adapter ($400) and Premium package.

Registered Member
    Member No: 21850 jimdrivas has a little shameless behaviour in the past jimdrivas's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: What's the $150 smart phone integration option?

It allows you to buy a cradle ($175 extra) for the car but with it you can plug your iPhone into the cradle and it will automatically charge the phone, increase the reception as it uses the car's antenna, it lets you play the iPod part of your iPhone through the nav and stereo system, and full use of the phone with Bluetooth. You still need to get the Bluetooth separately which might be included in the Premium Package. I wasn't aware that you needed the iPod/USB adapter for the smartphone integration.

If you have the iPod/USB adapter and not the smartphone integration, you can still plug your iPhone into the iPod connector and get everything the smartphone integration gets you except the extra reception from the car's antennas....and of course a cool holder for your iPhone under the armrest.

I have it on my 2009 M3 Coupe and it works great. Be warned that you still need to buy the iPhone cradle for $175. There are other cradles coming out for different phones but the first one out is the iPhone.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information