+ Reply to Thread
    , ,

Yes | No

trail-arm bushings (rear) replacement, Cost?

my 02 M3 with 41K mls, dealer told me the rear trail arm bushings need replacement. cost usd 800.00
    This sounds like a lot to me. is this normal? never tracked this car!
    approx 5K mls ago i had GC coil overs installed. the set up is some-what lower and harsher but otherwise very nicely planted.
    from day 1 there was a strange clunk/tick in the rear suspension when i would drive over short bumps of 1.5 inches and higher. i have had it checked by several parties and nobody could find anything so i have just left it for what it was. now i am wondering if this noise is related to the bushings.
    any ideas/suggestions?
    thanks for your help.

, ,

Yes | No

Re: trail-arm bushings (rear) replacement, Cost?

Takes 3-4 hours to replace them + cost of the bushings.Also it would be good idea to install rear stability kit,($75.00 call Brad at Evosport 800-520-9971)

Registered Member
    , ,
    Member No: 16098 pjgo is an unknown quantity at this point pjgo's Avatar
    Yes | No

$475 including alignment and reinforcement kit

Bavarian Motorsport (Milpitas, CA) replaced the RTABs and added the reinforcement kit to my car for $375. Alignment was an additional $100 at Auto Innovations. Previously, my car had Turner's Delrin bushings, but they were squeaking very loudly and were harsher than stock.

I am very happy with the new bushings and reinforcement kit. My car has Ground Control with 375F/500R, and the ride has improved with the stock bushings.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information