+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 166237 catalyst989 is an unknown quantity at this point catalyst989's Avatar

Yes | No

Tires for my E38

A little less than 20,000 miles ago, I bought Michelin Primacy's. The only problem was that I never got the suspension aligned, tires rotated, or balanced within that period. I finally brought it down to get them rotated and balanced, and I learned that my front tires (which were the rear tires) are legally bald, but my rear tires (the ones initially on the front are practically still new, minus a little "cupping."
    So, I have two questions: first, is the reason why my rear tire wear was so extreme, due to the fact that my rear wheels seem to be leaning in towards the top of the wheel (I think it's "camber") and second, which tires would any of you recommend for the 740I?

Thanks,

- Austen

Registered Member
    Member No: 38150 CAM2 is an unknown quantity at this point CAM2's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Tires for my E38

I have a 95 740IL with inside tire wear I thought it was just a wheel alignment, I had a little shimmy at 52mph, it turn out to be bushings all over my suspension, front and rear struts & ball joints.
    Well, I do live and drive on the streets of New York. As far as tires, I had a set of Michelin Pilot Sport all season which are great tires, except they seen to wear out very fast and very costly. I now have a set of Kuhmo platinum so far the are very, very good and at a good price for the tire.

Steve

Yes | No

I agree. I have Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons and they don't last long. The rears cup quickly, 16k miles and they'll need to be replaced soon. Look forward to everyone's reply. What about Yokohamas? Good article in Roundel about the Advan AD08's.

Registered Member
    Member No: 173368 cgrosse is an unknown quantity at this point cgrosse's Avatar

Yes | No

I installed Yokos and they are excellent!! ( I assume they are the stock 16" rims you are running )

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVID+V4S&partnum=36VR6V4S&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=14&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&minSpeedRating=H

Registered Member
    Member No: 172784 super7 is an unknown quantity at this point super7's Avatar

Yes | No

hey there i currently have goodyear F1 GS-D3 on sport pack. 2001 740IL 235/50 R18 in front and 255/45 R18 in rear they are great but am looking at the Kumho Ecsta ASX for value i hear these are loud though. i hear the turanza serinity are great but pricey. any advise?

Brian

Yes | No

Check out the Kumho Ecsta SPT or ASX. Ive had like 6 sets on 4 cars. Love them. Very reasonable in price. Check the user Surveys on Tire Rack. GO Get some.

OB in VA

Yes | No

Bridgestone Turanza with Serenity Technology

On my second set. First set went 65k. Did well in wet and dry, good in snow. Tires wore smooth without any noise. Good value.

Registered Member
    Member No: 78269 claudio512 is an unknown quantity at this point claudio512's Avatar

Yes | No

Go Nitto or Kuhmo... last longer than Michelin's

"Keep Right, Pass Left. It's the Law."

Registered Member
    Member No: 174200 jeffdej is an unknown quantity at this point jeffdej's Avatar

Yes | No

Does the factory sport suspension have any bearing on tire selection. Car has 18 in parallels

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information