+ Reply to Thread
    DJ '92 735iL

Yes | No

Front suspension-Help me get it right the1st time.

Hello all,

I will abbreviate this as much as possible. Purchased an '89 735i w/ stock manual transsmission. After evaluating the car, will use it as a donor for mine, eventually converting it to a manual. Swapped over the 16" BBS rims and Falken's. Control arms, links, and tie rods on mine are good. I'm about to swap out front struts and springs keeping in mind the added performance requirements wanted with a 5sp manual. After searching the archives, I'm leaning toward Koni adjustables w/ M-Tech springs. On the lowest setting, I'm assuming this won't be too harsh. 3" spring pads were recommended. Any special requirements concerning bump stops, dust covers or any other miscellaneous items with this combo?
    Thx,
    Dave

DJ '92 735iL

Yes | No

correction- 3mm spring pads (nt)

Registered Member
    Member No: 169368 paketam is an unknown quantity at this point paketam's Avatar

Yes | No

Look at H&R OEM Sport Springs.They are shorter

than OEM, but not too short as all lowering springs or H&R Sport. I do not know if they make them for e32, but I had installed those ( OEM Sport, not just Sport) on my 92 325 and the ride quality and the ground clearance is very close to my 97 M3. They are about $250 for a set.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information