+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 18520 Hughes is an unknown quantity at this point Hughes's Avatar

Yes | No

Part # Help, please.

I'm trying desparately to get my baby running on my own. Towing her into the dealer right now is just not an option. After much digging I've found out I do NOT have an ICV valve, at least not where everyone told me it was. I DO have the throttle by wire though.

Either way, it sounds like a motor is stuck on the device just before the intake plenum. I'm guessing the stepper motor within has gone out, and I'd like to start pricing this part.

Can anyone help me with this? Need part # for my 'combined' throttle body and stepper motor. I say combined because they apear to be a single unit.

2000 740iA ( Build date 2/2000 ).

Thanks a TON!!!

BigBimmer

Yes | No

Is it PN 13.54-1 435 959 in this diagram?

Is it part number 13541435959 in this diagram on RealOEM? The part number will be embossed on the part itself. My guess is that this part will be $300 - $400, depending on how much your local dealers mark up prices.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=GG83&mospid=47528&btnr=13_0810&hg=13&fg=15

This is where you can get into the category of expensive guesswork. If your throttle body has an issue, it will throw a code in the DME. Unfortunately, this kind of error code does not typically show up in a generic or Peake reader-- it needs to be read by BMW's proprietary system.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Yep!

That's exactly the part. Thanks BB! And now, after chasing two Peake tools around, it's flippin proprietary?!

Some times you wanna take a hammer to these cars, but no matter, I love em and it's just time to turn another wrench.

Funny thing (for me anyway), I love working on my BMW, until I HAVE to work on my BMW.

Registered Member
    Member No: 150895 BigBimmer is an unknown quantity at this point BigBimmer's Avatar

Yes | No

Here's the medium story on diagnostics reading

The good news is that the E38 can pretty much diagnose itself through most issues. However, only engine diagnostics codes are available through the Peake reader. There are loads of other codes (suspension, transmission, A/V electronics, A/C, lighting, etc.) not available to the Peake.

I just took a look at the Peake manual, and there are more than 1/2 dozen diagnostics codes related to "Drive-by-wire throttle control" that it can read. So, there is a pretty good chance that the Peake will tell you if your throttle body is acting up.
    2000 E38 750iL Highline Edition with 18" Style 118 Wheels and Runflats
    MKIV and 16:9 Navigation, TV, and Backup Camera
    New Gen Radio, Sirius, Aux Input for my iPod, Bluetooth, and E39 M5 Tire Pressure Monitor System

Registered Member

Yes | No

Who da man? BigBimmer da man! Thanky!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information