+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 164297 Glenn02 is an unknown quantity at this point Glenn02's Avatar

Yes | No

cooling fluid leak

Dealer can't seem to find the leak. They pressure tested system and said it was ok. The car does not overheat but the low fluid light comes on. There is fluid on the ground. They replaced a hose the first time in but said they could not find anything the second time. I would have assumed that they have tracked the hoses and tanks for leaks. Any ideas!

Also we are thinking of selling this car but are having trouble pricing out it's worth using Edmunds etc. Any ideas!

martin

Yes | No

Re: cooling fluid leak

i think i have coolant fluid running into my air conditioning system ON THE INTERIOR and need help oh how this could be.

coolant showing up on the back carpet where the foot blower is on the driver side under the seat.

also coolant?, I think that's what it is, is running out of the drivers side console.

I got an electrical short sound and smoke the other day and shut it down.

having problems even getting behind the center console to even examine the problem

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THE BEST PLACE TO CHECK FIRST MIGHT BE? IS THERE A COUPLING OR FITTING THAT COMMONLY LEAKS AND SHOWS UP IN THE HEATING DUCTS? HHEEELLLPPP! PLEASE.

ken745i

Yes | No

I had the same issue with my 2002 745i last year..Hoses were replaced a few months before due to leaks and it was still leaking after a couple of months..Left the car overnight for pressure test and was ok..Took the car home and puddle of coolant the following morning..It doesn't leak all day long when car has been driven..Brought it back and they diagnosed that the coolant pipe inside the engine is leaking and it would take days to fix.. Needless to say,I was out of warranty and was told it would cost around $ 5,000.00.. Talked to service mgr, and negotiated w/ BMW NA and they ended up shouldering 75% and I ended up w/ only 25% which was not bad..

Registered Member
    Member No: 15919 Ginger is an unknown quantity at this point Ginger's Avatar

Yes | No

I am with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information