+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 172631 steven69green is an unknown quantity at this point steven69green's Avatar

Yes | No

help with my purchase of 2005 645ci

im planning to purchase a 2005 645ci from a friend The car aesthetically is in excellent shape. It has 55000 mi and most options sport package, chrome wheels Dakota leather, halogen lights etc.The blue book value is 329000- 34000 for a pvt sale. He will let me have it for a flat 30000.However when i took it to a local BMW dealership for a buyers inspection they said they found several repairs "not major" but recommended. This car was serviced by the same dealership at 39000 miles [although these concerns were not noted then].the findings were noted as 1.valve cover gasket starting to leak on rt rear [$958]. 2.ARS roll bar starting to leak fluid [active stabilization bar [$1653.00].3.thrust rod bushings fluid has leaked out and starting to crack[$432].4.l/f lower fender lining missing [$80]. 5.Trans pan gasket leaking approx [$928]. 6.brake fluid and standard service [$118+$73.50] and brakes $700 /axle Total $4943.I realize these are deler prices and may be inflated compared to local shops. i need someone to tell me what would be critical repairs to do immediately. and is 30000 still worth it .thanks steven clark

Registered Member
    Member No: 172115 Interiorman is an unknown quantity at this point Interiorman's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: help with my purchase of 2005 645ci

I'm a recent 2004 owner so I cannot tell you about the value of the car, but what you are describing in terms of repairs sounds crazy considering the car is not even 5 yrs old and the milage is not excessive. Perhaps a second opinion is in order. I'm figuring that this is a BMW and not a Kia, hence so much should not fail so quickly. Can you get an extended warranty?2004 BMW 645ci coupe

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: help with my purchase of 2005 645ci

I have 80K miles and none of those issues. Although I did have to have warped rotors replaced at ~$550 at 78k miles (was a sudden thing totally without reason). I would have reputable foreign car independent shop look it over to see what they say. Then if similar list I would suggest your friend and you discuss splitting cost.

After 49k miles you cannot add extended warranty.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information