+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 3760 m5_lite is an unknown quantity at this point m5_lite's Avatar

Yes | No

Going to buy FCP Groton suspension

There is a kit on eBay that has an E34 M5 "upgrade" for it appears any E34. It has M5 aluminum lower control arms and upper control arms with a 750i bushing.

Will this kit fit my '93 525iA if it has either steel or aluminum control arms?

The car has over 220K miles now and I wanted to not only get rid of the clunking, but make things more "tight".

Would it be OK if I were to do just the lower control arms, sway bar links and the tie rod assemblies? Or do I also "need" the upper control arms, center tie rod and other stuff?

I'm on a rather tight budget, but still want to get the car right again.

Thanks!

Quote: "But for the amount of time I'm on LSD it is just too much of a hassle to pull it out every time."

M.Rad.

Yes | No

Be carefull...

I've had mixed results with FCP Groton's suspension parts. Three of the eight arms I bought (set for my E34, set for my E24) failed- two at the ball joint, one the rubber insert deteriorated. Warranties are nice, but you still have to do the work multiple times.
    I will be buying my suspension bits from another supplier, when I (again!) replace my E24 arms this spring.

regards,
    M.R.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Over what time period / mileage?

Quote: "But for the amount of time I'm on LSD it is just too much of a hassle to pull it out every time."

M.Rad.

Yes | No

Whithin a year.They'll send you new stuff, but...

Registered Member

Yes | No

Wow - OK - thanks for the headsup

ChrisM

Yes | No

Re: Wow - OK - thanks for the headsup

I got the beefed up suspension from TCP Groton (with the 750i bushings) and frankly i'm not impressed at all.

Its still no where near as good as the original OEM that was on it.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Which E34?

This kit says that it is an E34 M5 upgrade, does that mean that it will "upgrade" my regular good ole 525i parts? Or is it specifically meant to replace only an E34 M5 parts?

M.Rad.

Yes | No

It's supposedly an upgrade ...

that installs in any E34. It fits, but the quality is "hit-n-miss". You could end up with some decent pieces, or you could be replacing them within a year like I did.

Regards,
    M.R.

Registered Member
    Member No: 161772 GreenBMW1957 is an unknown quantity at this point GreenBMW1957's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: It's supposedly an upgrade ...

I have used FCP Groton on two E34s I have owned. I replaced the front suspension on both with no failures or regrets. Perhaps you got a defective part. That happens to any vendor who buys and supplies large quantities of parts.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information