+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 119059 jontalk is an unknown quantity at this point jontalk's Avatar

Yes | No

02 Drive train 'slap'

I just test drove an 02 M3 with 35K miles.. Very clean, all paperwork in order, etc.

I noticed that when parking the car in a lot and shifting from first to second, or backing of the throttle slowly in first, there's a slap in the rear end in the drive train. The owner claims this is normal, though my 330ci never does this, nor has any other Bimmer I've owned. Is this slap native to all M3's? Please advise ASAP. I'd like to buy this car, but not if it needs drive train work. Obviously it's way out of warranty. Thanks!

Registered Member
    Member No: 25033 Codeboy is an unknown quantity at this point Codeboy's Avatar

Yes | No

It's normal.

Registered Member
    Member No: 119059 jontalk is an unknown quantity at this point jontalk's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: It's normal.

Interesting.. I offered the owner $18.5K but he has a loan on it and wouldn't take it. I upped it to $19.5K but don't want to go much higher though to be honest, it has less miles than my 03 330ci that I'm selling today. Nice car.. titanium silver on gray leather, CD changer, car cover, well maintained. KBB is $21K, but nothing is selling at private party values in this market (SF Bay Area). Any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information