+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 172711 06BMW750LI is an unknown quantity at this point 06BMW750LI's Avatar

Yes | No

key fob battery charging

Hey! 1st time poster on this forum. Not much experience. Owned a 2002 Z3 and now have a 2006 750LI. They have really been my wife's cars. That being said, I was wondering if someone had figured out a way to charge up the key fob without having to drive the car for several hours? Seeing as my key rarely gets used, has someone built a mockup charger for doing ths?

Registered Member
    Member No: 172711 06BMW750LI is an unknown quantity at this point 06BMW750LI's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: key fob battery charging

MBkiller

Yes | No

Hope this helps...

If you have comfort access and don't need to put the key in the slot to start the car, than there is a battery in the fob that must be changed about once a year. Comfort access fobs do NOT have rechargeable batteries. Just remove the little cover on the back of the fob to change the battery. I beleive it takes a CR2032.

If you do not have comfort access, than the battery in the fob is rechargeable and it charges when placed in the slot and the car is running. These fobs do not have the removable cover on the back.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Hope this helps...

Yea it helps alot.
    When we purchased the car we one of the remotes did not work. That dealer told us we need to put the key fob in the car to charge it, on long trips to keep it active. Then we took it in to the our dealer locally (availability is why we went to the other dealer) an they programmed the remote. No one and I mean no one said the remote had a changeble battery.

Yes we do have comfort access. Now when I pull the valet key out I see where the cover has a lip. Do you just put a small flat blade in and twist to open the battery cover?

MBkiller

Yes | No

Re: Hope this helps...

"Yes we do have comfort access. Now when I pull the valet key out I see where the cover has a lip. Do you just put a small flat blade in and twist to open the battery cover?"

Exactly.
    Enjoy the car.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information