+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 92394 pininfarina is an unknown quantity at this point pininfarina's Avatar

Yes | No

535i M-Sport

Hey there, I'm back after a while. Used to be a regular on the Z4 board. Then moved to a CLK and now back to BMWs. Just leased a 2009 535i w/ the M-Sport package. Yes, I guess it could be considered an M wannabe, but I really like the front/rear ends and the sides skirts, the wheels and the stiffer suspension set up. Anyway, just checking back in. Glad to own a bimmer again. -MB CLK 350, Iridium Silver, Black Leather, Premium I, Harman Kardon.

-BMW Z4, 2.5, 5-speed, Jet Black/Black, Sport, Leather, Convenience, Xenon, Premium Sound.

Registered Member
    Member No: 40153 Bimzip is an unknown quantity at this point Bimzip's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 535i M-Sport

Welcome back! How does your new ride compared to your prior cars?

Registered Member
    Member No: 92394 pininfarina is an unknown quantity at this point pininfarina's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 535i M-Sport

Thanks! I love it. Loved my Z4 and miss it badly, but the 5 is just so much more practical (we only own one car at a time). Compared to the CLK, the 5 is so much more taught and responsive. Much more involved. Although I must admit I had gotten used to the superb ride-feel of the mercedes great for effortless cruising. But I just love the power, efficiency and the sweet sweet inline 6 of the 535i. amazing.

One issue though, the brakes are WAY too grabby in stop and go driving. Feels like I can't modulate them properly. Feels "on-off" at low speeds. Perhaps it's just because the pad/rotors are new, hopefully it might ease up as the miles add on. Not sure though.

The M-sport suspension is terrific as well, if a tad jarring on NYC roads.

-MB CLK 350, Iridium Silver, Black Leather, Premium I, Harman Kardon.

-BMW Z4, 2.5, 5-speed, Jet Black/Black, Sport, Leather, Convenience, Xenon, Premium Sound.

Registered Member
    Member No: 25422 larrychew is an unknown quantity at this point larrychew's Avatar

Yes | No

Are the tires staggered and run flats? I wonder...

if regular tires would result in a slightly more comfortable ride compared to run flats. Also give Dinan a call and see what they suggest. Their suspension mods are tuned for a better than factory ride with increased handling at the same time.

I love the idea of the six cylinder with the M-Sport package. I would get this even if money was no object as I love the way the BMW six winds out. I also like the lighter front end because I do a lot of twisty mountain driving.

Did you get a stick or auto?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information