+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 83394 anfesagi is an unknown quantity at this point anfesagi's Avatar

Yes | No

Bluetooth Pairing

I recently purchased a 2004 M3 with 17K miles. It comes with BMW Assist/Bluetooth. Does that mean I can pair my phone with the system and use the the hands free feature? There are no instructions. Don't know how to do it. Help please. Thanks.

ProfM3

Yes | No

Re: Bluetooth Pairing

2004 BMW in the US came with Assist but not bluetooth. The Assist electronic module didn't come with bluetooth until model year 2005 cars. This is particularly confusing because some of the 2004 cars even came with a pairing code card but the actual module (TCU) didn't have functioning bluetooth circuitry. You can add bluetooth by adding a either a new TCU or a ULF (a different module that only has bluetooth, no Assist).

You can read more here:

E46 Bluetooth Info

edinva

Yes | No

Re: Bluetooth Pairing

I had a 2004 Z4 which had Bluetooth available when I purchased it. So Bluetooth was available on some 2004 vehicles. It also had BMW Assist. Purchased the Z4 in March 2004. I do not remember the build date.

Registered Member
    Member No: 21850 jimdrivas has a little shameless behaviour in the past jimdrivas's Avatar

Yes | No

I had a 2004 M3 Coupe and I had to install the....

Bluetooth myself. The car did not come with Bluetooth. BMW Assist yes, Bluetooth no.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information